Cannot start up, period. And how to physically destroy a computer?

Reaction score
My MacBook will not start up.
I tried every single step in the instructions on this page but nothing worked.
When I insert my Startup disk and hold down C nothing happens. The computer still doesn't start up.
This computer is old. It's a 2007 MacBook. I have a newer MacBookAir which I've been using, so this isn't the end of the world. But I liked keeping my old MacBook just for the purpose of watching DVDs and copying CDs.

Is there anything else I can try, or has my computer effectively died of old age?

If it has died, I'm a little nervous about just disposing it because there's still personal information inside (bank account information, etc) that I wouldn't want to fall into the wrong hands.

If I want to destroy all the data inside the computer but I'm not able to turn on the computer to erase the files, wha else can I do? I thought maybe I should just take a hammer and physically destroy the computer and all its innards. Is this a good idea?

Reaction score
I use a powerdrill, find a take apart on line to workout where the harddrive is and drill right though the computer and drive. punch another set of random holes right through and it will never go again.

Ask a Question