SOLVED Calendar issue defies all solutions

Reaction score
Hello, I want to make the rows in my Calendar taller, so I can see more events. I used to be able to drag the line between rows down to accomplish this, and all the help I have sought agrees this is the way to do it. BUT IT NO LONGER WORKS. What else can I try? I need to solve this soon, as most of my daily events cannot be seen.

Reaction score
Hello, I want to make the rows in my Calendar taller, so I can see more events. I used to be able to drag the line between rows down to accomplish this, and all the help I have sought agrees this is the way to do it. BUT IT NO LONGER WORKS. What else can I try? I need to solve this soon, as most of my daily events cannot be seen.
That is strange, indeed. I’m assuming you are referring to the Calendar.app that comes with macOS. It might also be useful to tell us what version of macOS you are running.

Have you tried holding down any of the modifier keys while dragging on the edge of the calendar window. I know Shift will cause the change to both width and height. But try the other modifiers—control, option, and command. If none of those work, you could have an errant extension running, so maybe rebooting into Safe Mode might make it work, and if rebooting back to normal brings back the same problem, then it’s probably an extension. You may have to reinstall macOS.

It might also be helpful to mention that this morning, my custom keyboard layout (modified Dvorak) would not work no matter what I tried in Settings. So I rebooted into Safe Mode, intending to load a fresh copy of the keyboard layout file. But it turned out that I didn’t have to, because after restarting, the problem was solved without any other adjustment. Also, there seems to be a difference between a simple restart and a shut-down/restart. Go figure.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Apple help had me install the latest software and reboot, and the problem solved itself. Many thanks

Ask a Question