Burning CDs

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and to the world of Macs (i just bought my first Mac after much careful research about a month ago) and I have to say, I love my MacBook! I won't be going back to Windows unless I'm forced to :)

But I am having one problem, and I hope I've posted in the right place. I've tried burning a CD by dragging the songs from iTunes into the burn folder, and then the CD is burnt. But when I try to play it in CD players, stereos, etc, it says there is only one track ... and it's blank with no sound.

I've had my friends try the same CD in different players and the results are the same, even in relatively new players. Am I burning the CD the right way, by dragging and dropping? Is there some sort of conversion I need to do to the files (they were all MP3 files)?

Thanks for any help!

Angie

Reaction score
Hello Bflywings and Welcome!

Let me give you a tutorial on how to burn CDs. You are trying to burn a Music Audio CD. Here is what you do. You have all of you music in your iTunes Library I assume. If I am correct, Open iTunes --> Click File --> Select "New Playlist" --> A new playlist will appear in the left column under iTunes Music Store, etc --> rename it to a name of your liking --> Once that's done, go back into your Music Library --> select songs you want in your new playlist by clicking them and dragging them into the new playlist you just created --> keep doing that until you reach your limit. You can keep track of how much music and how much time it will take on a CD R by clicking your playlist. Next, we need to look at your preferences. Click iTunes and click on Preferences. Go to the Advanced tab and there should be tree tabs under that. Select the burning tab. Make sure Audio CD is selected. If you use any of the other options, it will NOT play on most CD players, car stereos, etc unless that player says otherwise. Again, make sure Audio CD is selected. Then click OK. Now click on your playlist. Insert a blank CD R. Click the Burn Disk button in the lower right corner in iTunes. You will only see that button if you are in a playlist. Let your disk burn and there you go, an audio CD that will play in any CD player.

I hope this helps you. Let us know if you need further help or clarification on these steps.

Best of luck

Searay

Ask a Question