CD Burning

Reaction score
I am having trouble with burning files/pics to a CD. I put a blank CD in the CD burner and the disc utility pops up. When I try to drag files or folders into the disc utility they just snap back to the folder. Also, most of my individual files (pics, docs, etc) are grayed out as if they are inaccessible. The folders are not grayed out but they will not stay in the Que. I tried a different CD burner and get the same results. Any help or direction will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Reaction score
First, what do you mean by "Also, most of my individual files (pics, docs, etc) are grayed out as if they are inaccessible. The folders are not grayed out but they will not stay in the Que.". Is that only occurring when you try to drag them using Disk Utility?

If you need to "place" files/folders onto a CD-R CD, you can use "burning" software to do the job. A good free one is Burn: http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/Pages/English/home.html

Reaction score
The grayed out files mean that the files have a dull gray cast to the file icon. I have found that it means they are not available or compatible with whatever program I am using. Otherwise the files/folders are brightly colored. If I try to drag & drop a file or folder (whether or not they are compatible) into the box for the DISC UTILITY it does not stay there but just goes back into it's normal location. I have used drag & drop to put files on memory cards and flash drives without any problems. I will try the other burning program, but would be curious to find out why DISC UTILITY will not work. Thanks.

Reaction score
I am having trouble with burning files/pics to a CD. I put a blank CD in the CD burner and the disc utility pops up. When I try to drag files or folders into the disc utility they just snap back to the folder. Also, most of my individual files (pics, docs, etc) are grayed out as if they are inaccessible. The folders are not grayed out but they will not stay in the Que. I tried a different CD burner and get the same results. Any help or direction will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
I don't know what OS you're using, but why not put the items you want included in a folder and use the Burn to disc command from the Finder File menu.

Ask a Question