Bookkeeping software that doesn't crash with OSX?

Reaction score
I am looking into software for simple bookkeeping that doesn't crash with OSX. After reading reviews from the app store, it seems like
everyone has a different opinion why this happens to old software and which software is simple to use, not a monthly fee involved and
work with the new download.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which version of OS X?
-Is your need basic or advanced bookkeeping?
-Which, if any, apps have you tried?

C

Reaction score
My need is basic but needed for accountant. No check writing services needed. I have tried MYOB for the last 12 years and found out I need to upgrade in order to use now because of the new software. My accountant has a hard time opening my CDs even if he has MYOB disc.
I was thinking of Quicken because it is so highly used. My version is El Capitan 10.11.2. I have read so many reviews saying this new software of Mac is crashing bookkeeping programs.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK. So basic needs for personal or business? If personal,Quicken 2016 will work. If business, you may need something more like QuickBooks.

Quicken 2015/1016 works on my Mac running El Capitan just fine. Most of the things you hear about apps crashing are usually due to another issue, not the version of OS X, unless the app is a very old version that has a current version to be updated to. In the computer world, old is more than 3 years or so.

Have you discussed this with your accountant? I would find out what they use/prefer, and then we can see if there is a Mac version that will be compatible.

C

Reaction score
I have discussed this with my accountant and he suggested Quick Book but I do not think I need that in comparison to Quicken. I am going to give it a try. Thanks for answering my inquiry. It is nice to know there is help out there.

Ask a Question