Automator Tutorial

Reaction score
I would really like to get to grips with Automator, does anyone know of an easy to use tutorial that starts at the very begining and doesn't take any knowledge for granted?

I would like a tutorial that gave me working examples to follow if possible after starting to learn from scratch!

Many thanks!

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

it's a means to an end...

Have you any 'things' that you would like to do, and I'll gladly do a tutorial...

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hi Ric -i was reading the forum in the hope i might learn something more about Automator. I've been playing with it in attempt to shorten my workflow but am struggle a bit. Is there any chance i might pick your brains about how i can get it to work please?
thanks
Bill
You can have a look at the free video ones here

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

no problem ask away...If I'm not in there is always someone around to help !

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Ric,

1st time user of Mac Help I would appreciate some help with Automator. Basically I want to create a custom google map that has the addresses input from from either a csv file or a group vcard. I have tried the watch me do and keep getting an error (but can't figure out what that error is). I already have the custom map set up in google as well as a contact file which contains the adressess but don't know how to get the workflow to work. There are a few thousand contacts that I would like to do (and create various iterations of custom maps from different sets of contacts) A tutorial would be great (screen capture even better!;) Thank you so much- I just can't seem to get my head around Automator (a bigger brain would help too)
JY

Ask a Question