App. Support Folder

LJH

Reaction score
I just noticed a folder on my desktop called app. support. I did not put it there. Can I delete it or should I move it some where. Below is a screen shot of what is inside.
Thanks for all your help.
LJH

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 11.36.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 11.36.10 AM.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 269
Reaction score
OK, thanks for that. I also have a 13" Mac Book Air (mid 2017 version), with a 252 gig SSD and 8 gig of Ram, and I am also using OS 10.13.2. I also have a late 2012 Mac Mini, with a 256 gig SSD, 8 gig of Ram, and again running OS 10.13.2. I have not encountered what you have.

Maybe try this: save that folder to a "place" on your internal drive, shut down your machine, and then restart. See if it re-appears. Not sure, though, if that is a complete solution.

Have you ever done any disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs, from a software perspective? You actually can do a good amount of disk cleanup on your own, and there are some excellent programs available (both free and commercial) to help you with such efforts.

Also, are you making backups to an external device? That is critical.

Additionally, what third party (ie, non-Apple) programs do you have? If you have either MacKeeper or CleanMyMac, get rid of them ASAP! They are bad for your machine.

Finally, download, run, and install the excellent Malwarebytes program, available from here:

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mac/

I guess it's possible there is some adware/malware on your machine.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I just noticed a folder on my desktop called app. support. I did not put it there. Can I delete it or should I move it some where. Below is a screen shot of what is inside.
Thanks for all your help.
LJH

If you navigate to:

MacintoshHD ~> Library​

You will see the first folder is Application Support & inside it you will see it contains those folders:

CrashReporter
GarageBand
iLifeMediaBrowser
Logic
Macromedia
ProApps
Script Editor
This is the case on all Macs. I can't explain what it's doing on your Desktop but I suggest you check to see if you have this folder in the above location & report back.

LJH

Reaction score
If you navigate to:

MacintoshHD ~> Library​

You will see the first folder is Application Support & inside it you will see it contains those folders:

CrashReporter
GarageBand
iLifeMediaBrowser
Logic
Macromedia
ProApps
Script Editor
This is the case on all Macs. I can't explain what it's doing on your Desktop but I suggest you check to see if you have this folder in the above location & report back.

This is what is inside the folder.
Thanks for your time.
Screen Shot 2018-02-01 at 11.49.46 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
If you navigate to:

MacintoshHD ~> Library​

CrashReporter
GarageBand
iLifeMediaBrowser
Logic
Macromedia
ProApps
Script Editor

I have all those, along with quite a few others that are (mostly) application specific. For example, I have folders for 1Password, Adobe, Microsoft, Roxio, TechTool Protection, etc. I can probably get rid of some of those, which I will do (want to keep my Macs "lean, mean, and clean").

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Can up upload another photo LJH?

This time go to your Desktop & hold down the Opt key as you click "Go" in the top menubar.

You will see "Library" between "Home" & "Computer". It's only visible when you hold the Opt key.

Click on "Library" then go to Application Support & take a screenshot of the contents of this folder.

This is the 'User' library whereas the other is the 'System' library.

Ask a Question