An Iwork demo is closing other applications

Reaction score
Hi

I can't seem to find out where I can remove or shut off a demo/screen saver running on my MacBook. It's sort of like an advertisement for Ilife and Iworks and it's a mixture of snapshots and small graphic gimmicks. Even though I have set the screen savers to never, it still appears when I havn't used my Mac for about 10 minutes.
It doesn't ask for permission or approval, but it shows a message saying something like: "The demo will start in a few seconds and close all other running applications".
Does anyone know how to get rid of this demo or just turn it off???

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hi tm82dk, have you just recently purchased your MacBook from an Apple Dealer? If you have it may be faster to contact them and ask that they help you remove it ...

All I can think to add is to look in your Applications folder for anything iLife OR iWork and scour any folders you find for any sort of demo to see if you can find the exact file that runs when your Mac is inactive.

Also look in System Preferences ~> ScreenSavers and look right through the list for any sort of clue there.

Ask a Question