Recover iWorks bought some time ago with different id that I can't remember ,-)

Reaction score
Hello to all,

and thank you in advance for your help :).

I bought iWorks for my Mac some time ago, since then I have become an Apple addict and now have a MacBookPro and an iPhone, my (first) question is, how can I load iWorks on my new acquisitions (if I remember correctly I should be able to use it on more than 1 computer) not remembering my id or password at the time (and changed since then...or created a new one, can't remember), but my email hasn't changed though ?

I also have some other questions which might not be relevant in this section of the Forum but don't know exactly where else to ask so here goes :

My iPhone was stolen (3 weeks after I bought it :( ) but was lucky enough to recuperate it some months later thanks to the geo-localisation and the police (yes, I know, I couldn't believe it either but they actually sent their "intervention team" just for my iPhone). Anyway, when I got it back, I still had all kinds of data that wasn't mine, even after doing a reset, everything isn't completely gone (for ex, Siri calls me another name, I've changed it but I can still find the thieve's name with mine between bracketts as if I were a pseudo, I haven't been able to sync my contacts as I did when I had just bought my iPhone but if one of my friends call me, the picture I took of them before my iPhone was stolen will appear (???) and this after reinitialising everything..? But, if I add them now in my contacts, their photos don't appear, nowhere else either) !!! My question is, how can I sync my iPhone again with my contacts (on Skype and hotmail) ?

Last question, I have just bought LifeTopix for my iPhone, if I understand correctly this app is not supported by computers (only iPhone or iTab) but it's supposed to synchronise on iCloud which tells me an error occurred when I try to sync it through my MacBookPro ?

Well, that's about it for now :eek:, all your help and/or suggestions are most welcome, again, thank you very much and looking forward to hear from you all,

Geneviève

Reaction score
If you can log into the old Account you can download iWork onto the new MacBook Pro.

You may find that your UserName/Password for that account in your old Keychain.

The iPhone version is an additional purchase.

maybe someone else can help with the iPhone questions...

Reaction score
Hello Kaveman and thank you for your mail, :)

unfortunately I cannot log into my old account as I don't even remember what ID or password I used, only my mail address is still the same... Is it possible to access my old keychain with only my email address ?

Reaction score
Oh, you mean your Mac Account not your Apple ID Account.

You don't need to go into the old Mac Account if you know your Apple ID name and password. This is the same as you use for iTunes and the the store.

You can just log into the store and re-download Pages.

If you have forgotten your Apple ID username and password there is not a lot you can do. After recent Apple ID hacks Apple have included a lot more security on these, but its aways work phoning there AppleCare Support line, they may be able to help.

Reaction score
I actually changed everything and don't remember any of the ID's and passwords I used for anything (including iTunes), the only thing that hasn't changed is my email address...pretty stupid, I know...:mad:
Anyway, I have done as you suggested, contacted Apple support, they are calling me next Monday so hopefully they can help me to sort this out !
Thank you Kaveman for your support and have a nice evening :)
Geneviève

Reaction score
I purchased pages and then upgraded to mountain lion , can see the purchase on my itunes history but can not seem to download ? any suggestions ? luddite.

Reaction score
Salut Geneviève,

Two things regarding Life-Topix.

1) Sync Lift-Topix data across devices.
2) Life-Topix resides on each device you wish to sync.

Device is the operative word here, IE iPhones, iPads, iPods, :D but not Macs. It will work with Dropbox, Evernote, and others.

PS: Savez-vous Puplinge?:)

Ask a Question