always taking me to one site

Reaction score
I have a mac osx version 10.4.11 running safari 4.0.5 and everytime I search in google or bing and click on the web site I want it redirects me to mostly a web site I don't want to go. Or even punching in a web address it does the same thing it redirects me to this site. I have to then have to close that and try again. sometimes it takes five or six tries to get to the page i want. even clicking on a link in a web site takes me to this web site I don't want to go. It's like this web site is running my computer...Sometimes it takes me to a top five web site for the search I want but say I searched jesus christ the web site is top five sites where I can buy jesus christ...I don't know how to rid this problem so I can go back to freely search the web without being taken to places I don't want to go..can anybody please help me on how to rid this bug or program that is running my computer

Reaction score
I run 10.6.3 and use Firefox 3.5.5 and I'm having the same issue. I search for something on any search engine and I get redirected when I click on a search link, plus I'm getting all of these pop-ups. I mean this started like an hour ago and I've been looking for anything that has to do with this. I found that PCs are having a similar issue and they call it the Google Redirect Virus. They found ways to get rid of it, but it's using programs obviously only for PCs. This is really bothersome and I'm worried it might do something to mess up my relatively new mac. My anti-virus/malware program doesn't detect ANYTHING. Anyone who can help, it would be greatly appreciated!!

Reaction score
I downloaded it and it said it couldn't detect anything on my computer. But the terminal said it was an incompatible application... does that mean it doesn't work with my version of snow leopard?

Reaction score
ye I downloaded the remover tool program and it did scan my computer but said there was no redirect virus to be found, From the description in the remover tool profile this sounds exactly like what I have on my computer this redirect virus..but since it didn't work any other idea's...p.s. thanks

Reaction score
I ran Norton Internet Security and oddly enough it found a few trojans (?) and a weird Zango adware thing, but all of those were removed and it's still doing the same thing. I looked up quite a few sites that stated that you could figure out if you're infected with that DNSchanger problem, and all of the things that it says should be signs of having that trojan do not appear on my computer. I only have one IP address, I don't have any cron jobs, no pluggin on the Internet Pluggins folder, nothing. So... I really don't know what to do, it's really annoying... thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Ask a Question