SOLVED Adobe Acrobat pdf's will not print on my Epson ET-4700

Reaction score
Hi, I have an iMac 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 desktop using MacOS High Sierra. I also purchased an Epson ET-4700 Printer. For some reason Adobe Acrobat Reader documents will not print on this printer but all other programs like Word and photos, etc. do fine. Any ideas? Thanks

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Which version of the Epson driver?
-Which version of Adobe Acrobat Reader?
-Have you tried opening the PDFs in the Preview app and print from there?

C

Reaction score
Hi Cory, The Adobe Reader version is: 21.001.20142, at least that's what "get info." shows. Regarding the Epson driver, I don't know where to find that information. However according to Epson, I have the most recent update for the software.
Regarding opening the PDF in Preview, I don't quite know how to accomplish that as when I click on the PDF it always shows up as an Acrobat Reader document.

Reaction score
Hi again Cory, I took your advice and googled how to use the Preview app and it printed the Adobe Reader document, so thanks for the suggestion. : ) I would still like to know how to print directly from Adobe Reader as it had printed my documents before and would cut out the Preview step.
Kelly

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

Glad that worked.

I can't really comment on Adobe Acrobat Reader, as I have used Preview exclusively for over 10 years for my PDF needs, and haven't used any Adobe or Microsoft software on any of my personal Macs for years.

If you have the latest Epson and Acrobat, then it may be either a new conflict introduced in one of the updates recently, or a setting has accidentally changed. I would test it out for you if I had Acrobat or any printers installed on my Macs here, but I don't.

Is the printer new to your setup?

Maybe someone else here will chime in with more experience with Acrobat Reader.

C

Reaction score
Yes, the printer is one of those new large fill ones. It works great and I don't have to spend a small fortune on HP cartridges. Again, thanks for your advice. I'll wait before closing this thread as someone may have the Adobe Acrobat Reader solution. :)

Ask a Question