admin account is managed?

Reaction score
after upgrading to the new El Capitan system, i somehow got my parental controls switched on on my admin account. I've tried creating a new admin account to use it and try to disable the parental controls on my main admin account but a popup saying i cant enable parental controls for an admin account. How do i "unmanaged" my main admin account? Im using a macbook air btw. I want to disable the managed part because every time i surf the net or use Skype, i have to key in my password all the time. it gets annoying that i have to key in my password every time i do something. Please Help!

Attachments

• 12207850_10153299814168576_1572310638_n.jpg
    12207850_10153299814168576_1572310638_n.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 277

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Do you have a Time machine or other backup?
-Did you try clicking the lock, entering your admin password, unchecking the Enable Parental Controls on your account, and restarting?

There is a longer way that involves Terminal and re-running setup to create another Admin account that you can use to disable Parental Controls on your existing admin account, but you should definitely have a backup before attempting it.

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Do you have a Time machine or other backup?
-Did you try clicking the lock, entering your admin password, unchecking the Enable Parental Controls on your account, and restarting?

There is a longer way that involves Terminal and re-running setup to create another Admin account that you can use to disable Parental Controls on your existing admin account, but you should definitely have a backup before attempting it.

C

Unfortunately, i do not have any back up.. and yes, i did unlock the lock sign below and restarting.

Ive actually rebooting and made a new admin by allowing my mac to think its new so i could use that new admin account to disable the parental countrols but it still doesnt work..

Thats why im desperate
):

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Understood. It is a unique issue that I haven't run across before. I will do a little more digging to see if I can find an answer for you.

C

Ask a Question