Accidentally deleted dock icon

Reaction score
Okay I know this sounds very remedial, but I need help restoring the recently downloaded icon on my dock.

I accidentally dragged the dock icon onto my desktop thinking it was a file I had just downloaded, and poof! Gone! :confused:

Any help on the matter would be appreciated, especially since the Mac's dock settings and info are very... light.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Launch whichever application it was and Ctrl-click or right-click it's Dock icon and select

~> Options ~> Keep In Dock ...

OR

Just drag the app from the Applications folder straight down onto the Dock and let it go and it's icon will stick* there. That virtual puff of smoke isn't a permanent thing, it just indicates the deletion of an alias.

Reaction score
I know how to do that, however I don't know how to reproduce the recently downloaded folder. Specifically what I'm talking about is the icon that appears imbetween the documents folder and the trash that shows the most recently downloaded files and the order in which they were downloaded, when clicked.

Ask a Question