Accidentally Deleted Hard Drive

Reaction score
Hi,

So I did a Google search to figure out how to reset my Macbook Pro to factory settings, and found directions telling me to press command-R to go into Disk Utility and erase the hard drive, then quit Disk Utility and choose "Reinstall Mac OS X". The problem is I only had a pirated copy of Mountain Lion installed, so when I clicked reinstall and it checked my iTunes account to verify my copy of Mountain Lion, it obviously would not go through. So now because I deleted my hard drive I cannot even get back into my computer to buy a copy of Mountain Lion because everything is gone... is it possible for me to purchase and download Mountain Lion using my iTunes account on a different computer? And if not, is there any way for me to restore my computer to its original state? I do not have any installation disks because I bought the computer second-hand...

Reaction score
Hi,
is there any way for me to restore my computer to its original state? I do not have any installation disks because I bought the computer second-hand...

You will need the installation disks for the model of Mac you have. And I believe you can now jump from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion. Please give Mac specs year, model etc.

The problem is I only had a pirated copy of Mountain Lion installed,

Defiantly do not condone this sort of thing so maybe it is fortuitous that you did what you did. As you will be legal now. There really is no excuse for pirating software.

Ask a Question