500 internal server error?

Reaction score
I have recently changed my isp from sky to bt,mac desk top is working fine also a windows 8-1 laptop is also ok,but i have a macbook pro lap top and i pad that is not since i changed isp ,i can get on the internet but if i try to to get a web page i get the message/500 internal server error, what do i do please,i am new to macs.
thank you,
watt

Reaction score
Hi,

I was always under the impression that a 500 Internal Server Error was a server-side error, meaning the problem probably isn't with your Mac or iPad or Internet connection but instead is a problem with the web site's server.
I would get a BT engineer out ASAP as it could also be how your open reach box has been configured.
Also how many devices access the internet within the house as I believe 5 is the max.

Have a look here
https://community.bt.com/t5/Other-B...500-Internal-Server-Error/td-p/1079374/page/2

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for your input to my problem with 500 internal server error,i have since tried to get on the internet and it was working ok on all my devices,it took almost 2 days for the mac desktop to settle down,so apparently the bt broadband needs time to settle down,so all is fine now thank you.
thanks again.
watt

Ask a Question