3 beeps

Reaction score
my graphics card failed so I tried removing it and baking it in the oven after watching you tube videos. Put it all back together and when I switch it back on I get 3 beeps gap and repeating (from what I can see I have replaced all connections). Looked it up and says ”The memory in your Mac didn't pass an integrity check. If you've added or replaced memory, make sure it's installed correctly.”. I have tried removing memory and replacing, still as me issue.. any advice gratefully received.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Which exact model Mac?

The three beeps you are hearing is indeed a RAM/memory issue. I never recommend trying those types of "tricks" you find on the Internet, as they normally do more/additional damage than actually fix hardware issues. It sounds like there may be some form of static or other damage to the logic board or other internal components, especially if this is a new issue that arose after your "baking" step.

The only thing you can do is to make sure all connections are seated properly. If the issue persists, you will probably need a new logic board and/or RAM modules.

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Which exact model Mac?

The three beeps you are hearing is indeed a RAM/memory issue. I never recommend trying those types of "tricks" you find on the Internet, as they normally do more/additional damage than actually fix hardware issues. It sounds like there may be some form of static or other damage to the logic board or other internal components, especially if this is a new issue that arose after your "baking" step.

The only thing you can do is to make sure all connections are seated properly. If the issue persists, you will probably need a new logic board and/or RAM modules.

C
Thanks for the reply, model number is MC813, took it to local repairer to have graphics board replaced and they said it was more than the unit was worth (as unit was made in 2012) that’s the only reason tried the baking, otherwise it would have been sold for spares.

Ask a Question