2nd hand advice needed

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I do a lot of editing work for a youtube channel with final cut pro. I bought an imac just under a year ago which handled the job very well but I also had to buy an external hard drive for storage. My life circumstances have recently changed and I am between 2 houses a lot. I cannot do any editing at the other house and so am considering buying a second hand mac book to bring with me.
I'm relatively new to apple and am not at all familiar with mac books. My question therefore is which model would be the best to go for to edit on. I would need to run photoshop at the same time and usually have safari open too for resources for the videos. I don't have unlimited budget and am wondering does anyone have any thrifty suggestions to be able to keep working on the road without breaking the bank. Any help gratefully received and thanks!!

Reaction score
The 2013 and 2014 MBPs are supposed to be quite good, but they're limited to 16 gig of RAM I believe. I don't use FCP and so don't know if its a memory pig like Premiere, but that may be a stumbling block

Reaction score
Posted in wrong forum, sorry. Just to let you know my cancer is progressing fast, so in fact I'm dying. See you in heaven.

Thanks to all for help I've been given by all members since I joined. This is APPLE'S fault 4 faulty MacBook Air's in a row, triggered a relapse

bye for now JIM in England, UK

Ask a Question