1984 Macintosh 128k unsual startup sound, no video

Reaction score
Hi there,
Recently came across an old 1984 mac 128k , looking to restore back to working order, seems to boot up when back switch turns on, although the sound is not the signature chime sound, more like a screech and then no sound after, followed with no video coming through, I have checked the rear battery compartment on the mac and saw there was corrosion (I checked seems to not have affected and leaked inside) I had planned to order a new batter for this as it needs a specific battery labeled Everready 523. I have read online that these computers may or may not need this battery to turn on and boot up as it is for the time data. I can provide photos if I am able to on this post, I have checked bottom motherboard, few spots have Orange color on rear board, do not believe that is rust or corrosion. I have also noticed the labeled picture tube connected to the screen , the battery connected has blackness around top / discoloration. Hope to have any help is greatly appreciated, will update and follow up frequently. Thank you

Reaction score
below are inside components of macintosh 128k

Attachments

• IMG_8464 Small.jpeg
    IMG_8464 Small.jpeg
    40.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8465 Small.jpeg
    IMG_8465 Small.jpeg
    42 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8467 Small.jpeg
    IMG_8467 Small.jpeg
    37.9 KB · Views: 5