Quark 6.1 won't open

Reaction score
G5
OSX 10.4.10

I am gradually moving over to In Design but have a lot of client files in Quark and I need on occasions to update/convert files.

For the first time (Quark has been loaded on my Mac for years) when loading Quark 6.1 is just crashes after the startup window has appeared.

I have reloaded the Quark update disc but no joy!

I have tried 'Safe Boot' with no joy.

The only 'update' that has been done is to load a new font "Glasgow'.

I NEED HELP!!

Reaction score
Hi! I am having the exact same problem! I just started a new job a month ago and have been using InDesign most of the time, but some of the older files are in Quark. I used it a few times with no problems but then two weeks ago it just stopped working. I uninstalled and reinstalled, but still, it gives me an error that the program shut down unexpectedly.

Maybe it's a font problem... I did install a couple of new fonts. Honestly, it is frustrating. I am using OS 10.4.10 as well.

If you find an answer, please let me know! I will do the same.

Reaction score
Hi

Many thanks for your reply. It's a shame that we are both in the same boat and don't know the answer!!!!!

For you info. I contacted the font supplier and have been assured that the new font is not the problem.

Completely stumped with the problem but fortunately I don't need to go back to Quark that often and I saved a lot of the quark files as pdf's which I can open in Illustrator but that is no way to carry on.

If I have any more info I will let you know.

Thanks again.

Reaction score
Calbretto
Quark problem solved!
Go to the official Quark website.
Move through the site to the technical help.
You will enter a chat room (have your serial no. to hand).
They will ask that you open a new 'pref' folder, obviously they then 'do' something because the pref folder has files added.
From then on all is A OK... You were kind enough to contact me so I thought I would return the email with the solution!!!!

Reaction score
Calbretto

Thinking about it. Before going to the official site try this: Go to HDD>applications>quark

Check to see if there is a Preference folder.

If there isn't make one.

Then try loading Quark again.

Be interested if it as simple as that.

I asked the question when I was on to Quark and the feedback suggested that 'fonts/pictures' could corrupt the pref folder.

Cheers,
Martin

Ask a Question