Need InDesign/Quark-help asap.

Reaction score
Hey guys.
I'm really a fish out of water here. But I'm in great need of some help. But I really don't know if this is he place to get it (maybe you can point me in the right direction?).

Case:
I have a very important InDesign-file (CS5) that's been toasted. I'm getting the notorious (and rare) "error 5"-message. The file can't open no matter what I do. I've figured out that this error could be because I've been copy pasting big images into the ID-document instead of using Place (silly me). I didn't make a backup (stupid me).

I've heard that Markzware have made an extension program for Quark Express 8 (which i have just downloaded in trial) called ID2Q that makes Quark open ID-files. Even files that have the error 5. My problem is now this: There's no trial version availible of ID2Q and since I'm a student with empty pockets I can't afford to by the software for the aprox. 200$.

Therefor I'm looking for someone that might have the software lying around and would be willing to get my file (I've put it up on a ftp-server) change it into a quark-file and return to me. I should then be able to open it in ID and save it again as .indd - at least that's what i read around the web is my ONLY solution.

BTW: the file is about 133 MB.

Looong post, I know. Sorry. Do ANY of you where to get this kind of help?

Thanx.

Roald from Barcelona

Ask a Question