HELP! My desktop shrank!

Reaction score
Hi there:

I'm on a MACbook Pro, 13", OS.X 5.8.

And my desktop decided to shrink this morning.

To describe: There are black bars of nothingness -- about an inch wide -- on either side of the screen. My desktop is now about 9" wide, centered . . .. and, meanwhile, verything inside the shrunken view is jumbo. (So, right now, what I'm typing is jumbo; any program or window appears jumbo. But within this smaller-view screen. It's very hard to work like this.)

I've looked at every possible option under System Preferences. (I mean, I assumed I accidentally keyed something that would be immediately reversible. But there's nothing relevant under System Preferences.) Obviously, I shut down and restarted. Nope.

ANYONE? Anyone? Help, please?

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!
Bess
PS: The regular MAC Apple help forums won't let me log in, saying they're "unable to process my request" right now. Which is weird, in and of itself.

Reaction score
I've tried Universal Access, the "seeing" option that zooms or unzooms -- but that doesn't work. (Yes, I can make everything within my shunken desktop even MORE JUMBO with alt/command/+ . . . . . but I still have the mini-desktop, with the black bars of nothingness on either side. So, clue?: The jumbo view within my shrunken desktop is NOT the "Universal Access" thing. My computer doesn't recognize the view as enlarged, in fact. It's MORE like my computer thinks it's not a 13" laptop anymore. It's like it thinks it's some other configuration, and this is "normal.") Hhhhhhhhelp? THANK YOU THANK YOU TO ANYONE W/IDEAS!!!

Ask a Question