World of Warcraft

Reaction score
Hello all

I'd like if I may tell you a little about the popular game known as The World of Warcraft

I'll give those of you who have no idea about the game a short description of what the game is.

World of Warcraft is an online role-playing game which has over 6 million active users across the globe, with the game being roughly over a year old it's quite an achievement.

The game is all about teamplay and how you interact with your fellow players. When you first play the game you will need to make a character, choose what class he/she is (wana be a healer, damage dealer or a mixture?) name him/her then your ready to start killing orcs+undead. You can probably solo(play on your own) for awhile, but then you will start to take on quests, I.E. Kill a guy and x number of his cronies in the tower of doom which you will need to find about 5 other members to help you do this, usually done in the various villages/cities throughout the game

When you do this you get a reward, usually armor/weapons and experience allowing you move into the next area of the game (and it's a big world with lots of enviroments)

Anywho as the weeks/months go on, if your committed enough you will reach the end of simply gathering 5 member dungeons and your next step will be to combat the insanely difficult 40-Man epic Dungeons. These places require insane amount of dedication/focus out of each player, if one players falls it will have a domino effect on everyone else.

Which is where guilds (Clans) come into play

Usually a good guild will have its own website and the users can discuss tactics and what not on the forums.

Anyways abit about the guild I'm in. It's a Macintosh-only guild but allows people who have experiance with macs but use pcs to join.

It's called 'The Cult of Mac' a guild dedicated to Macintosh enthusiasts.

We have lots of discussion in game and out about Macs as some of them are apple employees, which is great for me as it combines my two faveorite things, Macs + games :D We have a lot of fun within the guild as we organize fun events such as fishing contests, gnome races and so on.

The leaders like to organize IRL meetings, unfortunately most of them live in Sweden so it's hard for me to attend them.

TCoM is part of a group of guilds called the Frozen allaince (Confused? Their website Here)

This is all based on the European server 'Emeriss'

Basically what I'm looking for is if there are any other Mac guilds on other servers EU + US as each server is isolated and can't communicate with one and other.
It would be great to see if there are more like us.

Thanks. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Meeting.jpeg
    Meeting.jpeg
    225.4 KB · Views: 501

Ask a Question