New to Mac world HELP

Reaction score
So I decided to trade a friend a second gen iPad for her 2007 macbook 2,1. I needed the macbook for work and the iPad wouldn't download the software my work uses. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I AM DOING. The machine works well, but I know that I can't download the Yosemite on this machine.... Ive heard there are ways around this. I am thoroughly confused. my app store doesn't allow me to download the install app which is supposedly needed. How do I even get that? can someone walk me through this? I know the whole USB download isn't ideal (or at least some reviews say it isn't,) I don't have anything that is of importance on this machine yet, so losing personal downloads wouldn't be of an importance. To be completely honest….. I just have no idea what I'm doing and could use some guidance. Much appreciated!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Unfortunately, the MacBook (13-inch Mid 2007) MacBook2,1 model only supports up to Mac OS X 10.7.5 Lion.

-What kinds of things are you looking to do with your new MB?
-Which apps are you looking to run?
-Any specific needs for your work environment?

C

Ask a Question