Wired mouse suddenly not recognised

Reaction score
Have one Plexgear and one anonymous mouse. Both worked faultlessly on Macbook Air until software update. After that first one and then the other worked fine for a couple of minutes then just stopped. System preferences said no USB mouse detected, please install Bluetooth. Any help greatly appreciated. Do not want to use Bluetooth.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello.

-Which version of OS X/macOS?
-What software update did you perform.

A few troubleshooting steps to try:
-Unplug everything ecept AC power, power off the MBA, then power it back on. Connect one mouse at a time and see if it works.
-If that doesn't work, perform an SMC and NVRAM/PRAM reset then do the same for the mice.

Let us know how it goes.

C

Reaction score
Thanks for trying, Cory. Running High Sierra (17G8030). Autoupdate- don't know if it was OS or apps.
Did the unplugging and power off/on. No change.
Am totally technically challenged when it comes to Macs. To my shame don't know how to perform an SMC and NVRAM/PRAM RESET. Can I try your patience any further?
Best from Curt

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No problem...not trying my patience at all! ;)

Click on the purple words SMC and NVRAM/PRAM in my previous post - those are links to Apple documents on how to perform those actions. ;)

C

Ask a Question