virus

Reaction score
Hi, and welcome.

It is very unlikely since the exploits can be counted on one hand, and since it would likely run as root, it would require you to authenticate it running (inputting your user name and password.)

Reaction score
can you still get a virus using mac

Although viruses for Mac are very, extremely and incredibly rare you can happen to pick up a Windoze virus which would not have any affect on your Mac but you could possibly spread it to your Windoze buddies.

Reaction score
thank you

You're welcome. Just to be safe and perhaps I'm a bit paranoid but To this day I only run applications that come from reputable sites and even then before I install the app I take a "screenshot" of my hard drive and another "screenshot" after the app is installed so Ill know exactly what and where everything was installed. I also will not run an AppleScript before I check it out first. ;)

Reaction score
... before I install the app I take a "screenshot" of my hard drive and another "screenshot" after the app is installed so Ill know exactly what and where everything was installed.

Hi Walruss666,

That sounds a pretty good idea - how do you go about that, is there some software you can recommend?

Thanks,

Nat

Ask a Question