Virus scan for OS 10.5.89

Reaction score
Is it possible to do some sort of virus scan for an old OS 10.5.8 system? Is anything available? I realize it would not be current with all the latest malware.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Is there a particular reason you suspect a virus? Are you having issues?

C

Reaction score
Cory,
I think I've gotten things back to nominal. My e-mail server (comcast) decided to download every e-mail from the last two years, over three thousand. I suspected there might be a virus. Don't think so anymore. I periodically run OnyX to keep a clean machine. It seems to work. And after accepting all the old e-mails, and erasing 99.999 per cent of them, e-mail seems to function properly now.
Michael
:)

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries...sounds like you got the issue resolved.

I have heard of that happening with ISP email accounts now and then, and I can definitely see where folks believe it may be a virus.

You could always download, install, and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac. Although it is not an antivirus application, it will find any of the actual threats known for macOS/Mac OS X. It is a highly recommended utility.

C

Ask a Question