Unsure what to get

Reaction score
I'm currently using a Fujitsu Lifebook Ah530 series laptop on Windows 7. It's on its last legs, so I'm currently considering my options. The specs of my current laptop are these: http://www.cnet.com/laptops/fujitsu-lifebook-ah530-15/4507-3121_7-34139013.html

I started using an iPhone 4S earlier this year and really like it, so I want to start using more Apple products. I'm unsure currently though whether a more suitable alternative to my laptop would be an iPad or if I should just spend a bit more to get a MacBook Air.

As it stands I'm not great with specs; I don't really understand the memory and how it affects what I save and what have you compared with my current machine as it seems there are lots of alternatives with the MacBook. Also, would anyone consider an iPad a viable alternative to a laptop?

I'll mainly be using whatever I get for light essay writing (up to around 6k words at a time), social media, video streaming, some spreadsheet work and maybe the occasional presentation. I also game quite a bit through Steam on Football Manager, which I would think takes up quite a bit of memory. Of course, should I go with the iPad that wouldn't come in to the discussion.

Could anyone be helpful enough to point me in the right direction of the right iPad/MacBook air?

Thanks in advance.

Ask a Question