Unable to upload or download......

Tim

Reaction score
Any suggestions on whats wrong? I cannot upload or download anything...pictures, files, etc..... Is this a virus, a setting, etc?

Tim

Ric

Reaction score
Hi Tim,

is this via Safari ? How full is your hard rive ?

Have you tried another broser ?

regards

Ric

Tim

Reaction score
Ric,

My harddrive has quite a bit available..... Also, I cannot download a new browser...... tried that!

Tim

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

restart, and then open Disk Utility and run Repair Permissions...

let us know if that helps.

regards

Ric

Tim

Reaction score
Ric,

I tried the Disk utilities and it found a few problems......it corrected most, but when I tried to corrrect something with the file system, it gave me this message.

1 HFS volume checked
Volume needs repair

Then it said First Aid Failed.

Any suggestions?

Tim

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

to do the 'Disk Repair' you need to boot from the Install CD or DVD. Use the latest one that you have ie if your Mac came with 10.2 Install disks, but you have since upgraded to Tiger 10.4 then you must use the 10.4 Install disk...

Pop the disk in, restart hold down the c key and then when the Installer comes up...don't install ! But go to the menu bar and select Disk Utility...run Disk Repair...then 'Repair Permissions' then quit Disk Utilities...then quit the Installer...then Reboot.

regards

Ric

Tim

Reaction score
Hello Ric,

Do you know of any way I can obtain the 10.4 install disk? I cant find my old 10.2 since my move.......

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Tim

Ask a Question