Trying to set up a scale images service in Automator (Mavericks)

Reaction score
I just upgraded to Mavericks from Snow Leopard. I used to have an automator service that appeared in the right click menu that would scale selected images by 50%. I have tried to create this again in Mavericks and it just isn't working.

Here's what I've been doing:

Open Automator, select Service and click Choose.
From the top menu drop down I select "Services receives selected files or folders" in "Any application"
From Actions menu I select Photos, then drag and drop scale images into workflow area.
I click Don't add "Copy finder items" because I am already working from copied images.
I select by percentage and enter 50 as a value.
Save as "Scale Images 50%"

I have also done the above but from the top menu selected image files from the drop down list.

Yeah, so I do all this and nothing, there is no service saved and nothing in my right click menu. In fact, I don't even get "Services" in my right click menu. Help!

Reaction score
Alright, I figured it out. It was a matter of the services menu not showing up in the contextual right click menu. To change this I had to go into system pref, keyboard, shortcuts, services and at the bottom of the window select All Controls. Then I had to go back into automator and create the damn thing all over again. Now it is working.

Ask a Question