SOLVED Trying to recover photos from My Passport external drive

Reaction score
Lost all photos in IPhoto when I updated to Catalina from High Sierra. I have been backing up everything on My Passport for years. So I downloaded Disk Drill and it is currently scanning the external disc. However DD says to preview files before "recovering" and I don't know how to do that. There is a place to select the type of files you want to recover and I have clicked on Pictures but when I did hit recover only documents came up.

Reaction score
I don't have an answer, but i'm curious how your external drive is formatted? I use iMac, but always format externals as ExFat, because I also use windows, sparingly. Mac OS formatting has given me similar issues in the past. At my work place, I formatted an external as ExFat, but formatting through a Mac. Now, that drive can't even be 'seen' by a Windows machine, even though it's full, and it's technically ExFat.

Ask a Question