total mac virgin!

Reaction score
you may find that i ....i might... no, i probably will ask some of the stupidest questions because i am not used to using a mac. i just got a macbookpro and an ipad. a while ago i did have an ibook, but that is now long gone. so i am familiar with the interface n whatnot, however, im not familiar with all these photostreams... sharing all pics that are on my iPad, my phone... my computer... everyone can seem to see anything!
i know macs are good for being simple, clean and oraganised. which is exactly why i decided to get this. i have so many papers lying around. notes. passwords. books to read. music to check out. things i need to buy. quotes i want to keep... all things that i want to have, but just not have accumulate in boxes or piles of paper.
im hoping someone is anal, like me (hi i am a total virgo :p) and can steer me in the right place to look.. apps or features...
i dont even know the equivalent of Word on a mac! I had to handwrite a paper! ... unless I really do need like, Learning a Mac 101, with a lab, and a workshop class. lol

lovely to meet you all. i LOVE my mac. so im happy to find like minded people. !! :eek:

Reaction score
Hi,

As Kaveman said pages is great and will produce really fantastic looking documents. Visit the App store and see the plethora of Apple apps + more, possibly go for iWork as I did.:)

Reaction score
stupid question... but what should i search for when im in the app store? i guess thats what im having a problem with, because what im really looking for doesnt even have an exact word for it anyway. i guess documents IS the easiest way, or notes, and just doing it that way... but i thought maybe there was something 'cooler' or more applicable to organizing or keeping passwords, quotes, notes, etc.

:) thank you kindly!

Reaction score
I agree with Kaveman it will do what you want, for a word processor in the App Store on the right scroll down to top paid and look for pages, or type it into the search box top right.

EDIT:

Have a look at Opus Domini in the app store can't give link as am on phone

Reaction score
thanks guys! this really helped! hah... there is no way to get pages without paying for it, is there? :p i know id get product keys for windows, but i was never that good at it. and i know its totally illegal so i really shouldnt even be asking. just a thought.

Reaction score
It only $20 for a full featured, great word processor.

No keys, it downloads directly from the store to your Mac, and is securely looked to your AppleID.

If you want Warez you are on the wrong platform, Mac users support their App developers, so we can have the best Apps.

Reaction score
Mac users support their App developers, so we can have the best Apps.
:)

Never a truer word said, and in the scheme of things Apple software is extremely cheep and well priced compared to a lot of PC software. IE full OS X ML £14.99, how much was Win 8?

nobodygirl,

You have got a expensive Mac so spending a little geting the best software is a small price to pay.:D

Ask a Question