Software used?

Ric

Reaction score
If you currently administer a network, I would be interested in your thoughts.

Do you have any software that you couldn't live with out?

What tips and tricks do you have for other admins?

Just to start the ball rolling....

One of my personal favourites is Ether Peek. I have used this many times to hunt down network problems.

Ric

Ric

Reaction score
Yes it is, but it came before 'Wife 1.0' , LOL.

I will give that one a go. No longer have the maintenance package for Etherpeek.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Go

I know what you mean...I am still paying for Wife 1.0...and Girlfriends 1.0 thru 15.2.4...and Mistress 1.7...and Friend's Sister .75...and...and...

:)

Reaction score
Hey! I am a wife 1.0 and I am inexpensive to look after! Not bothered about shoes, makeup and all that girlie stuff, which is just as well because I am still paying for husband 1.0 and children 1, 2, 3 and 4 !!!!

Just give me a Mac and a comfy chair and I am happy for a few years :D

I manage my home network of 7 computers via the router LOL The Etec router I have is very good and has a lot of admin options such as locking off Lan's from one another etc

I know it is not a common brand, (everyone buys Netgear etc - I like to be different anyway! ) but it works very well, even on my AOL broadband. Before anyone comments on AOL, I have been with them for 7 years and have no intention of changing. You do not need the software anymore either.

I did 3 years of writing about ISPs for another site every day and AOL are the only ISP who have offered no restrictions and a true unlimited connection on both their dial-up unmetered and broadband products - all the others have introduced limits on both despite promises.

I saw many people (and still do) jump from one ISP to another, because of restrictions, poor connections etc which is something I have never had to do, thankfully. So no anti-AOL comments please and no suggestions that I must not have a brain either :p

Reaction score
so when do you jump an integer or decimal ?
maybe i should refer to myself as offspring 2.3

Ric

Reaction score
bluekatt said:
so when do you jump an integer or decimal ?
maybe i should refer to myself as offspring 2.3

Not sure ?

But if you're a ".3" does that mean that you have ".7" of your life left ? ;-)

From that reckoning I'm about a .36 who still feels like a .18 ;-)

The Wife 1.0 'quote was originally from this thread, Wife 1.0

Regards

Ric

Ric

Reaction score
Kyomii said:
Hey! I am a wife 1.0 and I am inexpensive to look after!...

I'm not sure you're qualified to answer that !

More of a question for your Husband !

;-)

Reaction score
Heee heee....

He says I am inexpensive on the clothes/womanly items front - apart from all the expensive computers around the place :D

Ask a Question