Snow Leopard problems

Reaction score
Since installing Snow Leopard on my iMac last Monday I have received hundreds of duplicate emails. Even after deleting them they still reappear a matter of hours later. Also, when using Safari since Monday, I seem to see the spinning colour wheel more than anything else. Is anyone else experiencing these problems and how can I rectify things? Should I uninstall SL or is Apple likely to fix this very soon before I go completely mad?

Reaction score
I have Snow Leopard running on 2 Intel Macs, but I have not experienced any problems. I do not use Apple Mail or Safari. Are the problems you're experiencing on those two applications? Also, how much RAM do you have on your MacBook Pro? Our tech support person at work suggested at least 2 GB of RAM.

Reaction score
What email program are you using? Do you have your email settings as POP or IMAP?

Reaction score
I have just checked my emails and I now have 212 duplicate emails. There are duplicates of those received today as well as those dating back to last Monday when I installed SL. I have checked the email settings - remember I know very little about what goes on behind the scenes on a computer, hence Technophobe - and MobileMe is IMAP, BT (btinternet) and Gmail are POP. I haven't changed any settings at all since Day One of my iMac.

Reaction score
Another 90 duplicate emails turned up yesterday after a few days of nothing unusual happening. I think I shall have to uninstall SL because this surely must be the cause of the duplicates. Disappointing. Any other suggestions?

Ask a Question