Scooby Doo and the Case of the Missing RAM

Reaction score
The lowdown:

I have a lovely, new (refurbished) computer with nothing on it (no music, no videos, only illustrator and photoshop), and it keeps crashing when I’m trying to work in Adobe Illustrator CC (legit copy). The illustrations are very simple and have no reason to crash.

The most common problem is “not enough RAM”, which makes no sense, but I did see a pop-up (that I accidentally failed to screencap) that mentioned something being wrong with my graphics card, but that was only 1 pop up of like 20 (very frustrating) crashes.

Is this a mac problem or an adobe illustrator problem? Someone I know mentioned having this same problem with his new laptop and the new OS.

Thanks,

Alexander

Attachments

• 12573953_694214784053199_4338744894708631259_n.jpg
    12573953_694214784053199_4338744894708631259_n.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 271

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which version of Adobe Illustrator CC?
-Are all software updates applied?
-Do you have/does the issue happen with other Adobe CC apps?
-Do you have any issues with any other software?

C

Reaction score
Hey Cory, thanks for the welcome.

I’ve just updated my software, I’m running the newest versions of Adobe CC, I'm so far only encoutering these problems in illustrator but to be honest I haven't been using photoshop for work recently.. I don't run any other software except for standard things like google but I'm noticing even that tends to be laggy.

I’ve recently talked to someone who said she is having the same problem and had her mac’s guts replaced completely and reinstalled everything with no results; someone else said he thinks it’s a problem with mac’s latest OS...

Thank you,
Xan

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Maybe there will be a forthcoming update to Illustrator and/or OS X to correct the issue then.

C

Ask a Question