resume wifi after sleep

Reaction score
On new MAC (10.11.5) the wifi doesn't resume automatically after sleep, and requires WPA password again.

1. I made the settings (including advanced) in the new MAC identical to the settings in the old MAC.

2. When I enter the wifi password, I check the box to remember the network

3. I tried fixes listed on other posts but no success

• such as delete the wifi ( - ) and then add it back ( + )
  • Elevated wifi to the top network priority (over Bluetooth and Ethernet; firewire and thunderbolt disabled)

What do you advise?

Thank you

Reaction score
Thank you for the link.

I tried the detailed process for replacing the preferences and network setup; and the additional suggestions at the end of the article.

Still have the same problem!

Any other suggestions appreciated.

Reaction score
When renaming the 2.5GHz band, do you mean to rename the network inside of the router; or rename the "network location" in the MAC System Preferences?

Reaction score
Hi,

Go to the routers home page and you will see both networks this is where you rename it, and see what is connected to each network.
I had a similar issue when in the UK with a BT home hub 5.

Usually it is only printers and android devices that need the lower network.

You should check specifically how to change the Cisco's network names as instruction will differ from router to router. I had to go into advanced setting for the BT hub.

Ask a Question