Restricting rights for User Accounts

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm a technician at a college. We have 20 G5's in a classroom. Each machine has an admin account and a student account with limited access to apps etc. I've restricted rights to all system prefs. and doc prefs. HOWEVER. If a student accesses the internet (we use firefox), finds and image online, then ctrl-clicks and chooses save image as background then obviously the desktop image changes to whatever hideous image they've chosen. I wouldn't mind but students are choosing some pretty horrid images and then when someone logs on students are gathering round and mucking about for 10 mins before we can carry on.

In short. Can i change this so that students can't select different backgrounds. Also, if they have macs at home and know the short cuts to universal access then they can turn this on and off which confuses other students, even though they don't have permission.

Thanks in advance

Dan

Ask a Question