Residential security camera network

Reaction score
I have an eMac PowerPC G4, 700 Mhz, 1000 SDRAM. I also have juvenile delinquents as neighbors who have shot my windows with a BB gun and, most recently, slashed my car tire. I want to install security cameras around the exterior of my house to have visual proof of their crimes.

Is there a security camera package where I can use my eMac as the monitor and recorder for the cameras?

I didn't know where else to post this type of request.

Thanks,
F

:confused:

Reaction score
I have an eMac PowerPC G4, 700 Mhz, 1000 SDRAM. I also have juvenile delinquents as neighbors who have shot my windows with a BB gun and, most recently, slashed my car tire. I want to install security cameras around the exterior of my house to have visual proof of their crimes.

Is there a security camera package where I can use my eMac as the monitor and recorder for the cameras?

I didn't know where else to post this type of request.

Thanks,
F

:confused:

F,

Check out this article in a recent MacWorld magazine:
http://www.macworld.com/2007/04/features/oldmac_security/index.php

Ric

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I own a copy of Ben Bird’s SecuritySpy, so if you want any further help let us know.

It's very good, used to use it with Swann CCTV cameras hooked up to a 'Hollywood' analogue to digital (firewire) converter and then hooked up to an old Powerbook, it worked like a charm !

Whatever system you decide to invest in, make sure the quality of the picture is 'very good' other wise it is completely pointless, if the 'faces' are not completely recognizeable then the police/courts will not be able to use it !

regards

Ric

Ask a Question