Replacement keyboard

Reaction score
I need to replace the keyboard on my MacBook Pro retina 2014 15 inch model. The price of replacing the keyboard in Denmark is like 400 dollars. I am pretty sure that I can replace it myself, after seeing some youtube videos. Are the keyboards you can buy at eBay for like 20 dollars any good?? if not where can I buy one?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Can I first ask what exactly is the issue you are having with the keyboard?

I cannot recommend you buy one from eBay but can only advise you that if you were to go there, you need to make 100% certain that you buy one suitable for your exact MacBook Pro model & that you peruse the seller feedback before committing.

I suppose you are using an external USB or Bluetooth Keyboard?

Reaction score
thank you for the reply

I was cleaning my Macbook keyboard with a wet wipe, brushed over the keys (pressing them down whilst doing so). It seemed to be a water damage. The only problem is the command key. For some reason it thinks that when I'm just simply pushing down one key, it assumes the command button is being held down. I am still using the keyboard, but before I am able to write with it, I have to constant hold down the command button, by holding down the command key, it thinks the opposite.Then I reboot it seems to work fine, like a normal keyboard, but after a few seconds the same happens again.

Are the quality of the keyboards any good? What would happen other then the keyboard won't work, if it is not the exact model? I know that apple dont produce original parts, but I will be getting similar as the ones on eBay?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
You can prise the keys off the keyboard if you look online, for instance on YouTube, you'll find a tutorial video. You need to be careful about taking them off & putting them back. Maybe if you removed the Command key to have a look the issue may resolve itself.

As I wrote in my other post I can't comment or recommend those keyboards which folk are selling on eBay etc.

If you decide to purchase one all I'm advising is that you need to look in the item description to ensure the keyboard is suitable for your model. There will usually be a compatibility chart or something similar saying which models the keyboard will match with.

Reaction score
Of course, buying on line does not necessarily guarantee things going smooth for a return. It of course depends on the seller.

By the way, does this issue happen with both Command keys?

Ask a Question