Reinstall Mac OSx on Mac book pro

Reaction score
hey guys im new here,
i recently got a Mac Book Pro from my dad in Canada with windows 7 install no dual boot just windows 7 alone, is there a way to reinstall Mac OSx on my Mac Book Pro. any help wold be greatly appreciated :)

Reaction score
Hello and welcome
What i would advise you to do is:
1. Go to the Application "Boot Camp"
2. Select Mac OSX
3. Reset your computer
4. Done!

Hope i helped

Reaction score
thanks for the responce, but theres no Mac Osx option only windows that is installed

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    51.2 KB · Views: 417

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

What is the exact model of the Mac, so we know how to advise you? If you can't find/don't know the exact model, you can enter the serial number here: Check Your Service and Support Coverage and it will return the exact model name of your Mac.

Let us know and we'll give you your options.

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

What is the exact model of the Mac, so we know how to advise you? If you can't find/don't know the exact model, you can enter the serial number here: Check Your Service and Support Coverage and it will return the exact model name of your Mac.

Let us know and we'll give you your options.

C
thanks for your response heres the model

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    26.4 KB · Views: 371

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Thanks for the additional model information. That MBP came with Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.3 or 10.6.4. It would have come with gray installer discs. If you don't have them, you can purchase a retail version from Apple for $19.99 USD. You could also try going to an Apple Store Genius Bar to see if they may help you out. If neither of those options are feasible, you could try a local Apple retailer, Apple User Group, or even eBay.

C

Reaction score
im suppose to get a CD from a friend sometime soon, how can i install back the OS if windows cant read Apple files?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
It depends on how the hard drive was partitioned/formatted. You may have to totally erase the hard drive to allow installation of OS X. Also, it depends on which version of the installer disc you get. If it is a gray OEM disc from Apple, then it has to be for your specific model. If it is a retail disc, then it can be used on any model that supports that version of OS X.

Here are a few documents to read through in preparation:

Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - Installation and Setup Guide
Troubleshooting Mac OS X installation from CD or DVD

Let us know when you get the disc and which version it is.

C

Ask a Question