Problem with OS X Mavericks Installation

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the good board but I will take a chance. Yesterday I downloaded and installed OS X Mavericks on my MacBook Air (that was previously on Mountain Lion), but when the installation finished, I didn't have the time to complete it by signing in to the Apple Store (or something like that). When I came back this afternoon to go on my computer, I had to connect, but I had forgotten my password, so I clicked on the ''Forgot password?'' button. It then led me to a other window with a downloading loop in it, and arrows to go back or to continue. However, neither of these arrows are functionning and the download is infinite. I tried to reboot, or just shut down my laptop, but when I try to do so, it says some programs aren't letting me do so (Android File Transfer and System Preferences to be precise). So I'm stuck with the infinite download and I have litterally no access to my laptop.

Can someone help me find a solution? It'd be really appreciated!!!

Louis

Reaction score
Hi and welcome,

I didn't have the time to complete it by signing in to the Apple Store (or something like that).
Never a good idea to leave part way through an upgrade.
Question.
1) Did you get a usb stick with your machine with its OS X? If so use that.
had forgotten my password,
Cant help you here.
I don't have a MBA but possibly try this.
Boot it to the recovery partition by holding down the command and R keys during startup. Go to Disk Utility and select your boot partition (usually Macintosh HD). Go to the Erase tab and click Erase. Note that any data you have produced is now gone from the computer.
Now Exit Disk Utility and run through the reinstall of Mountain Lion.

Only other suggestion would be to use a Time Machine backup to restore, failing that I would suggest booking a GB appointment at your nearest Apple store.

Last edited:

Ask a Question