Problem ejecting audio CD

Reaction score
I am running a Mac Mini dual core with 1gig of ram and the latest Tiger OS X. I have found that a common issue with both this Mac and my older G4 running OS9 is that after the insertion of an audio CD, the system will not eject it, telling me that "The disc "Audio CD" is in use and could not be ejected. Try quitting application and try again". All applications are quit (not just closed) but the CD will not eject - either by pushing the "eject" button on my keyboard or simply by dragging the CD to the trash. The same message pops up every time. This seems to be a common issue with every audio CD I insert. The disc will just not unmount. The only way left to get the CD out of the computer is to re-start and then eject it. Are you aware of this as a common problem and is there something you know of that can be done about this?

I thank you for your time in advance in helping with this issue.

- Kevin (Toronto)

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there Kevin and welcome !

Do you have any "System Enhancer" type software running on your Mac or isi it, a standard OS...

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hey Ric,

Thanks for the reply. The only 'system enhancer' type software I have is iDefrag, which quite honestly I have not used because my Mac peers tell me that OS X doesn't need to be defraged. My OS is Tiger OS X 10.4.9. and has the standard utilities that come with it like 'Disk Utility', etc. Are you suggesting that there is something I can use that might fix this audio eject problem? At a recent job I was using an iMac dual core and I had the same issue, so I suspect it is common.

Looking forward to hearing from you Ric.

- Kevin
(Toronto)

Ask a Question