Problem alarm NON STOPING!!

Reaction score
iMac G5
Machine Model: PowerMac12,1
CPU Type: PowerPC G5 (3.1)
Mac OS X version10.4 4

Hey guys it's my first time to post here, I'd never had a problem with my Mac untill today. I really doono what's wrong but I have this permanent flashing alarm...
At this moment the unly software running is Safari...and the alarms keeps flashing and beeping...any ideas???:confused:

Thanxs in advance for any comments :)

Reaction score
Hi djtavomixx :)

When you specify that you have a "permanent flashing alarm..." would it be possible for you to clarify a littl more?

For example, does the alarm sound/flashing seem to be coming/showing on your actual OSX desktop GUI or does the alarm sound appear to be coming from inside the machine and iMac light flashing?

If its actual desktop can only think of the alarm/clock settings at the moment, or maybe a reminder of an event through iCal or a similar program, so you could check those out.

If the sound is coming from inside the actual machine, I can only assume it may be that one of the main cooling fans is no longer working and the alarm could either be a temperature alarm or an alarm to let you know one of the fans is faulty.

However, I am unsure if iMacs have an alarm facility for heat/fan failure like some PCs do.

Reaction score
Thank you very much to take the time on answer my question.
I think I should be more specific...On the screen there's this flashing thing that comes with a sound...like when there's a fail on something...like when you hit something that you are not supposed to...It's not an alarm like a clock alarm it's a failure type of alarm...and it comes all the time...donno what is the problem...hope I was clear enough so you guys can understand what I mean ;)

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,

as Kyomii says it's very hard to understand what's happening...can you take a "Screengrab" next time it happens...from your description it's very hard to understand what's happening ?

Command + Shift + 3

Press and hold down the Command & Shift keys...then press 3 this will place a file on your Desktop...

Then add it as an attachment to a post on here, so that we can 'see' it.

regards

Ric

Ask a Question