pdf / word docs

Reaction score
Just posted following somewhere (I know not where ...) and got (I think it was for me) reply from moderator to the effect that I failed MacHelp 101. Hoping this is the right place ......
"This forum is a wee bit scary. Am very basic Mac user now working from home and trying to collaborate with PC users at employing office. Searched lots of documents and copied links to Word document and sent to workmates. That seemed to go OK. Went back to Word doc today at this end. Takes ages to get web links to open and pdf links take 5 hours to open as complete gobbledygook. Have I got a lurgy? Please don't waste your time telling me my terminology is all wrong - as if I don't know!!! Happy to try to intelligently answer questions as best as I can to narrow this down. First draft of work document due tomorrow and a bit panicked. Do I need to phone a teenage boy at dawn (or whenever they wake up) to get around here?"

Reaction score
Yes;-)

What is the question?
I guess you've answered the burning question and I will summons a teenage boy at a reasonable hour. Was wondering if there was a simple fix so I could open links as intended.

Reaction score
Just realised initial post must not have appeared in full but last line only. This is what I thought I posted ..... Hope you are still willing to help Kaveman:

Just posted following somewhere (I know not where ...) and got (I think it was for me) reply from moderator to the effect that I failed MacHelp 101. Hoping this is the right place ......
"This forum is a wee bit scary. Am very basic Mac user now working from home and trying to collaborate with PC users at employing office. Searched lots of documents and copied links to Word document and sent to workmates. That seemed to go OK. Went back to Word doc today at this end. Takes ages to get web links to open and pdf links take 5 hours to open as complete gobbledygook. Have I got a lurgy? Please don't waste your time telling me my terminology is all wrong - as if I don't know!!! Happy to try to intelligently answer questions as best as I can to narrow this down. First draft of work document due tomorrow and a bit panicked. Do I need to phone a teenage boy at dawn (or whenever they wake up) to get around here?"

Reaction score
Hi,

Possibly try opening the PDF in Macs preview program it will be in your application folder if not on the dock.

Please tell us the results.

Reaction score
Hi,

Possibly try opening the PDF in Macs preview program it will be in your application folder if not on the dock.

Please tell us the results.
Thanks for this. Have given it my best shot but no luck. Have emailed the document with the links to partner's computer a metre away and they open there. Have turned off and on again twice!

Cate

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Sorry Cate, like Kaveman I struggled to find a question amongst all those words but thanks oldscribe for helping Cate out.

Reaction score
Sorry Cate, like Kaveman I struggled to find a question amongst all those words but thanks oldscribe for helping Cate out.
Hello fellow Taswegian. I did warn that I was unlikely to phrase it as the audience might need it! Have just had a nice Geek (yes, that was the company name) around and he has bypassed Safari and links now opening in Firefox. He found the Safari problem insoluble. But I can now do my work. Thank you to all.

Cate

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
That's great to hear … always good to have more than one web browser installed for things like this … I have Safari & Firefox and both get used a lot … you are the first fellow Taswegian I've met here, welcome!

Ask a Question