Paperless

Reaction score
Please excuse my ignorance. So you get a paper invoice, scan it, and then store the scan in Paperless? Is that the general idea of what you're doing?

Reaction score
Please excuse my ignorance. So you get a paper invoice, scan it, and then store the scan in Paperless? Is that the general idea of what you're doing?
Yes, that’s all I need. It’s so I can quickly find an invoice without having to trawl through quarterly bundles of them.

Reaction score
Yes, that’s all I need. It’s so I can quickly find an invoice without having to trawl through quarterly bundles of them.

Ok, thanks. Please ignore me if this isn't helpful, no problem.

What information do you need to store about each invoice? Can you make a list of needed data such as this:

- Invoice Number
- Date
- Company
- Price
- Purpose

I'm wondering if there might be a simpler way to manage your invoices which wouldn't leave you dependent on software from folks who apparently can't really help you.

As example...

1) Maybe the scans can be stored in Mac Finder folders on your hard drive. The folders could be based on month/year, and/or by company.

2) Maybe all the data you need to store about invoices could be stored in a simple text file something like this, with each scan on a line:

Invoice Number|Day|Month|Year|Company|Price|Purpose

Once you'd scanned the invoice you'd give that file a number, drop the file in the appropriate folder, and add a new line to the text file recording the information you need to save about that scan.

To find a file you could use the search function of the text editor.

Something like this, something simple and reliable.

Reaction score
Andrea, you might want to check out this Mac file browser.

It's cheap and easy to use, and provides image previews of an unlimited number of files.

The software is free to download, and has a full featured 14 day trial.

I just found it so I'm not sure if the search feature would meet your needs.

Reaction score
Andrea, you might want to check out this Mac file browser.

It's cheap and easy to use, and provides image previews of an unlimited number of files.

The software is free to download, and has a full featured 14 day trial.

I just found it so I'm not sure if the search feature would meet your needs.

I had typed a reply shortly after your last post but it didn't post for some reason so sorry about that.

I don't need anything as complex as the above software. I could easily manage my invoices within a spreadshet if I was somehow able to attach a photo of the invoice so I could check it for more information. Can that be done?

Reaction score
Well, I had another look at Paperless today. I could import invoices into it but couldn't save them in separate collections. However, I deleted the Folder and Collection I'd previously added and made new ones. This time I was able to drag items from the main window into the Collection folder.

I decided to look again to see if I could find all the previous records I'd had before it all went belly up and if I search in Library I can find a lot of them but I don't know how to put them into where the new Library is so that they appear in the list of invoices again. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.