older Automator script won't work in Lion

Reaction score
i have an Automator "application" that i made with the help of people on this very board (thanks again guys), that worked flawlessly on Snow Leopard and previous OSs but doesn't work in Lion anymore.

i was hoping if someone could look at the file (link below) and either tell me what needs to be changed, or go right in and change it for me! (i don't really have much experience with scripting).

what it's supposed to do:

i have a txt file with a list of filenames. the script references this list, goes to the folder that contains these files (but the folder also has other files in it too) and copies the referenced files into a new folder.

www.smcouples.com/uploads/transplant.zip

for anyone who doesn't feel comfortable downloading a file from a stranger, here's a grab of the workflow, and pasted below is the entirety of the section "Run Applescript".

scriptgrab.jpg

on run {input, parameters} -- build file paths from a list of names

set output to {}
set SkippedItems to {}

set TheFolder to (choose folder with prompt "Select the folder containing the files:") as text

repeat with AnItem in the input
try
set AnItem to (TheFolder & AnItem)
get AnItem as alias -- test
set the end of the output to the result
on error
set the end of SkippedItems to AnItem
end try
end repeat

if SkippedItems is not {} then
display alert "Error with AppleScript action" message ((count SkippedItems) as text) & " items were skipped (file not found)"
end if

return output
end run

Ask a Question