Need to verify if my tolbar is loading slow?

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I bought a mac the other day, it is a MacBook Pro:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz processor
2GB RAM
120GB HDD
128MB nVidia Graphics Card

When I had just set it up it was working fine and very fast although I neve noticed how fast the icons on the right side of the toolbar load up. Now I installed some aps like firefox, adium, growl 1.1, and shapeshifter to install a theme! but I noticed that it slowed down a bit especially the right side of the toolbar. Now when I mean slowed down, I mean the dock comes up as well as the toolbar but it takes some time for spotlight and the other icons to show up! Like 2 to 3 seconds!

After I had uninstalled everything I had installed, I checked with a restart and it still does that same loading of 2-3 seconds with the icons n the right of the toolbar! Also the Macintosh HD icon takes a while before it load, almost the same time 2-3 seconds.

So i just wanted to see if it is supposed to work like that or is there something slowing down my mac, and if so how can I fix it?

Thanks for the help!

Ask a Question