Need To Remove Airport Network Listings

Reaction score
OS10.4.11 QUICKSILVER 2002 - Going to the Airport Icon in the top menu bar,
There are several uneeded Networks listed. I don't need two wire 336, BoardErin 1, spinksroad, etc.
How can I get rid of these turkeys. I used to boot up and it logged on automaticly. Now I have to go and pick 2wire32 out of all that ****.

I looked at all the sites that c an think of, and read all my Mac OSX Bibles.

RHB

karazelle

Reaction score
The airport menu is supposed to only list networks available in the area you are, so you cannot really "edit" that list short of finding the wireless routers and turn them off ;)

As to the automatic connection issue, that is more solveable. You'll usually want to go to the System prefs and Network, find Airport in the show menu and then use the wireless networks tab/button. You'll get a list of wireless networks. Clean out those you don't want, and drag the names in the order you prefer it to connect. If you want you can also completely empty out the list, then quit system prefs and connect using the menu top right, although you'll have to reenter WEP/WPA keys to networks again.

Ask a Question