Need help on Entourage 2004

Reaction score
I am not sure what happened, but after downloading some palm sync software, when I opened my entourage it showed a new program with none of my past information/emails/database being reflected. I checked out the identity file with the database utlitiy and it shows that it is fine. Now what? What can I do to get my entourage working again reflecting my past emails, database info, signatures, etc.
and please spell it out clearly step by step what I need to do becasue I am a novice.
Thanks so much
Mike

Reaction score
Hi Catman99,
Sorry to hear that your Entourage info has dissapared.

I can't give an exact answer as I have never really used Entourage or Palm Sync, but my guess is that when you were setting up the Palm Sync software it created a new blank Entourage profile for which it can sync with. So your information is most likely still there but under a different Entourage profile. One way to get it back may be to uninstall the sync software (this may return Entourage back to how it was allowing you to back everything up before installing the sync software again).. If that doesent work then you may have to locate the file manually which contains your info (emails etc) Microsoft Outlook (The program Entourage was based on) stores the user's info in a 'OUTLOOK.PST' file which is usually saved in to the user's 'My Documents'.
Once you locate the file it can be copied over the top of the 'blank' one created during the Palm Sync installation...

But like I said, I have not actually used either bits of software so what I just said may be a load of nonsence and just serve to confuse you more.

Steve.

Ask a Question