My imac wont show recovery mode

Reaction score
I changed my hard drive in my imac 2006 and the one I have putting inside the imac is having Microsoft windows os on it. It was showing question mark, so I tried to use the recovery mode to boot from USB bootable but it only takes me to this screen with refreshing and forward signs
please what can I do?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Older versions of Mac hardware/OS X didn't have a recovery partition, as they had actual physical install discs. Newer models/OS versions have a recovery partition on the hard drive, so the replacement drive with Windows on it will not have that or be able to access it.

Do you have the original install disc(s) that came with the iMac...probably OS X Tiger 10.4.x?

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Older versions of Mac hardware/OS X didn't have a recovery partition, as they had actual physical install discs. Newer models/OS versions have a recovery partition on the hard drive, so the replacement drive with Windows on it will not have that or be able to access it.

Do you have the original install disc(s) that came with the iMac...probably OS X Tiger 10.4.x?

C
No please I don't have the tiger DVD bootable but I have downloaded tiger is retail DMG. I want to create a bootable disc . any help or how to go about it or any software that can help?
Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
No please I don't have the tiger DVD bootable but I have downloaded tiger os retail DMG. I want to create a bootable disc . any help or how to go about it or any software that can help?
The attached file is our my screen appears when I press the recovery key.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• status_me_status_IMG-20200425-WA0022.jpg
    status_me_status_IMG-20200425-WA0022.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 105

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

There isn't an official Apple downloadable disk image of Tiger, so that could be part of the issue depending on who made it and where it came from. I haven't heard of a way to make a bootable Tiger install using a USB flash drive. You would need a retail disc or copy to startup from to have it recognize as a bootable installer.

C

Reaction score
OK. Thanks. Will try and get back when it works . thanks k you very much for your time

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries...

Let us know if you have additional questions, or get things working properly.

Stay healthy and safe.

C

Reaction score
No worries...

Let us know if you have additional questions, or get things working properly.

Stay healthy and safe.

C
Please any recommended software for burn the Tiger is os x dvd bootable?

Again after burning ,how do I make my iMac 2007 boot from dvd?

Thanks

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

You would need to purchase a retail Tiger DVD. You can startup from it when it is in the optical drive, and you hold the Option key when powering the iMac on.

C

Ask a Question