Mouse problem

Reaction score
My mouse with my IMac will no longer scroll up or down, is there a fix or do I have to get a new mouse?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
This is a typical problem with the Magic Mouse ... I used to do this ... get a piece of paper, printer paper if handy then turn the mouse over & press down so that the scroll ball is in contact with the paper & is given a good work out as you rub the mouse on the paper in circles & backward & forward is a scrubbing motion. The paper will dislodge enough of the gunk that gets caught up in there so that the scrolling works again ... but it's a constant I'm afraid. If you can upgrade to a Mighty Mouse I'd recommend this move.

EDITED

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is a typical problem with the Magic Mouse ... I used to do this ... get a piece of paper, printer paper if handy then turn the mouse over & press down so that the scroll ball is in contact with the paper & is given a good work out as you rub the mouse on the paper in circles & backward & forward is a scrubbing motion. The paper will dislodge enough of the gunk that gets caught up in there so that the scrolling works again ... but it's a constant I'm afraid. If you can upgrade to a Mighty Mouse I'd recommend this move.

EDITED
Thanks Spawn_Dooley!!! It worked, now I know what to do when it acts up again :D

Reaction score
Logitech mice also work very, very well with Macs. I have been using them for a number of years, and never had an issue.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I ditched my Magic Mouse for a Microsoft Sidewinder X5 mouse but have pain issues so now use a Contour RollerMouse Pro.

Glad to help jockeyeba :)

Ask a Question